Religious Education for Children
"The potential possibilities of any child are the most intriguing and stimulating in all creation."
Welcome to our Religious Education Program! Choosing your child’s religious education program is an important decision, just as important as choosing your own religious home. At Unitarian Church North, we take children’s spiritual, emotional, and social development seriously. We offer:
- A safe place for children and youth to wonder, ask questions, and discover.
- Exploration of themes such as Unitarian Universalist identity, world religions, peace & justice, the web of life, and social justice.
- Religious Education classes that run during our worship services.
- Meaningful, age-appropriate worship for children and youth.
- A focus on spiritual growth and faith exploration in the context of a caring community.
The purpose of Religious Education at Unitarian Church North is to nurture and minister to the children of our church community and to provide opportunities for our children and youth to actively engage in the process of forming religious beliefs and values putting them into action.
Unitarian Universalist Principles for Children:
- We believe that each and every person is important.
- We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
Call for Youth Religious Education Teachers and Assistants
Our new Director of Religious Education, Deborah Fugenschuh, started her work at UCN in August; and we are excited to start a new year of teaching, learning and fun.
We are planning to start youth religious education classes on September 20, 2015 with a focus on Unitarian Universalist Teachings and Traditions. Classes usually run through the month of May.
We need teachers and assistants to volunteer to help this year in the following three classes: Grades 1 & 2, Grades 3 & 4, and Grades 5 & 6.
Teaching teams will consist of three people each, so that teachers will lead a class about one time per month. We can always use volunteers to assist in the classroom as well; and high school youth as well as adults are welcome to volunteer to assist teachers.
If you are able to teach or assist in Youth RE this year, please email Deborah at email@example.com, or call (262) 375-3890. Remember to let her know what age group you would be willing to teach.
We require registration forms for all children and youth from Preschool through High school. Please complete the registration form with all requested information. We request a supply fee of $75.00/ child, $125 for two and $150 for three or more. The fee does not cover program expenses; it covers the cost of supplies for classroom and some special project expenses. If there is a special situation which makes it difficult to pay the full registration fee, please contact the Director of Religious Education so that arrangements can be made.